Quick Product Facts
- - 1-1/2" wide; 30 yards long on a 3" Core
- - Made of vinyl-coated cotton cloth
- - 13 mils thick, 45 lb tensile strength
- - High abrasion resistance and highly conformable
- - Adhesive is permanent, ultra-aggressive, acid-free, and ph neutral
Why Bookguard™ Cloth Tape?:
Because you'll never need another binding tape for repairing books. Bookguard™ tape is a premium and archival quality adhesive tape - use it for fixing your most treasured books or when you need the best that money can buy.
It's durable, highly conformable, professional-looking, ultra-aggressive, sticks to the toughest surfaces (including vinyl), and won't fade or crack over time.
1. It protects books longer because it has a high resistance to scuffs and abrasion due to its thickness (it's a hefty 13-mils thick; masking tapes tend to be around 5 mils thick).
2. It has superior binding strength because it's made of quality, vinyl-coated cotton that has 45 lbs per inch tensile strength (you'll see the high thread count of the material when you cut a piece with scissors).
3. Its high conformability enables it to easily wrap around corners and curves, while not cracking or becoming brittle over time (you'll see this happen in lower quality binding tapes. I personally shudder in church every time I see that messy duct tape cracking and peeling off the book spine it tried to fix).
4. Its archival quality means it permanently sticks, and won't fade or yellow over time (the pressure-sensitive adhesive is ph neutral and acid-free).
5. It looks sharp and professional. The non-reflective matte color doesn't lose its vibrancy over time, because the color is impregnated into the cloth material.
Which Size Should I Buy?
We generally suggest that the binding tape wrap the book spine 1/2" on either side. For example, if the book spine is 1" wide, then we recommend buying a 2" wide roll of binding tape.